Sunday, March 16, 2008

Surviving Pi Day & The Ides of March

I can't believe how hard it has been to avoid eating pie this weekend. All last Friday, students were bringing in pie for extra credit to their math and science classes. I finally broke down after the rally clean up to eat a slice of chocolate silk. I was doing so well.

Anyways, Pi Day proved to be eventful thanks in large part to the fact that Milpitas High School came by to do some workshop sharing and watch our lip sync rally. I hope they enjoyed themselves. Once lunchtime came around, I didn't get to focus on them as much as I would like, but I know some of their students ended up performing in the junior skit--learning it in two hours.
Thanks to Ms. Lee and all her leadership students for giving us some new energy and allowing us to share some of our traditions.

Finally the lip sync rally is over. I just need to get through these next four work days and then spring break arrives and I can finish grading in more detail. But I know what you really want to see... you want some evidence of the teacher lip sync routine... there are 3 different videos that I've found on youtube so far

this is the sophomore view but it's kind of blocked and it's only part one... here's part 2

here's the freshman view point from near the floor where my half of the staff entered

I think this is the best angle so far. It comes from halfway up on the junior side. You get a particular good shot of the flips with which BR shocks the gym.

I tried to post my own judges' viewpoint but my computer is having difficulty trying to locate my camcorder. Oh well. One day you'll get it.

some other parts of the rally worth seeing

seniors (really good view)

juniors (didn't find one yet)

sophomores (another good view)

the angles are from the bleachers
freshmen 1
freshmen 2

Enjoy everyone!
I need to go back to reading term papers.

1 comment:

Chanleen said...

where are the vids of the teachers??? That's the one I want. I have some footage of us doing some of it at Maloys, but I'll refrain from posting that ;)

~Elaine