Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Drumline Battle Answer #5 - O Captain, My Captain

Well, Lance is now posting his answers to the battle. He actually explains how all this started better than me. He went straight to his all-time favorite speech in a film. Therefore, I have no choice but to place my favorite finale to a film (Cinema Paradiso, The Empire Strikes Back and The Usual Suspects rank right up there though). The movie that helped make me what I am.



I remember watching this movie in the theater towards the end of my sophomore year in high school. I think E, M, C, LL, and Emo were with me. I hated the movie when it first began because the Chem book kept popping up all through the film and it was the same text we used in our Chem H class. But the movie brought everything from my Freshman year English class full circle. I knew writing a poem helped me rediscover my identity, yet this film helped me realize I could also reach out to others.

No comments: