Monday, April 21, 2008

Political Comedy

All I know is that the lead story this whole weekend on the local news is that the gas in San Francisco is over $4 at 15 locations with the most expensive being $4.29 in South San Francisco by the airport.

I am still an undecided voter, whose opinion makes no difference now that the primary in California has passed; however, I want the candidate who will fix education, health care, and gas prices. Though I do like the fact that the habits of people are slowly changing. I was talking with a man in line for food at Costco and we both wondered if there would be any price that people would not pay and force them to practically eliminate driving except for urgent situations. He says $5 will cause a drastic drop. I wonder if $10 will even make people stop.

Anyways, this is supposed to be about comedy in politics. I'm finally catching up on my old Entertainment Weekly issues and over a month ago was this cover and article...





I have to admit that the political humor of SNL upon its return from the writer's strike had me laughing. I liked the attitude of favoring Obama and Clinton being made to look in astonishment. Better yet, Tina Fey had a great retort for all the Obama love and spoke up for Hillary.

First of all thanks to Hulu.com for hosting NBC video (the commercials are a necessary evil).




And what better counterpoint argument could there be but Tracy Morgan showing up the following week.




And just for the heck of it... Hillary's appearance on SNL...

No comments: