Monday, April 21, 2008

Drumline Battle #10 - Airplane!

Today was one of those just wanna getaway days...
I've been feeling crappy, exhausted, coughing, congested, so I took time off to recover. Maybe there is some truth in this idea that I work too much... maybe...

All I could think today is that I wish I were on a plane to somewhere exotic and summer vacation had already begun... therefore, this entry is AIRPLANE!

I suppose this film has a lot to do with why I didn't take my first plane ride until I was 20 years old... and it was a 2 part flight... the first 11 hours brought me to Taiwan, where we got to stay overnight... and then the next morning we spent a couple of hours getting to Manila... which deserves a whole chapter in and of itself...

Also, this is one of my favorite comedies. I don't see on cable so much anymore. It used to be on all the time, hmmm.... I like how you can tell what era it's from. It may feel dated to my students, but it brings back memories for me.

No comments: