Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Opening Night/ Drumline Battle #7

The Giants are starting to stress me out. I survived a crazy opening day. If you want details, you'll have to talk to me in person. But I am a masochist, so I went back for Tuesday night. I suppose I am too loyal, but I cannot give up on my team--no matter how many of my friends think I'm being an idiot.

I brought 45 leadership students to the game tonight, and it was really cold. Most of you who know me, know I rarely get cold. I had 4 layers on tonight. Way too cold. So of course, the night I bring my class, the game goes into extra innings. However, I can't think of too many more exciting things to see live at any event than watching a walk-off home run, especially when your team is considered to be the underdog. Bengie Molina homered for the first run in the 2nd inning and won the game in the 11th... such a warm pleasant feeling to cast away the cold sense of dread. And to celebrate, the Giants did something even more rare... they won a game on Fireworks night. Special thanks to Moller, Sanguinetti, and Sidhu for helping out with the chaperoning duties and freezing their butts off in the process.




So for this next response to the Drumline war... I've decided on Rocky III... mostly for the great pump you up music and reminder that the underdog can come back to succeed.... just like the Giants will this year. Can't get much better than "Eye of the Tiger" and "Training Montage."




Woo hoo! I got another wedding invitation today. That's five weddings so far this year. I'm ahead of last year's pace of 4.

No comments: