Monday, April 07, 2008

Opening Day

In honor of what I feel is a national holiday... I will be attending my ninth straight home opener. I love fans who stick by their teams and are not bandwagon fans like so many of my students. Where's the loyalty even during the bad times? despite most critics and even other Giants fans saying this will be a horrible year... I will still be seating in 138 right where my season tickets state. Hopefully, this 1-5 start to the season will get better. I gotta believe in hope... otherwise I couldn't be a teacher.

So in honor of overcoming the odds and making history... here's a moment from Giants history and here's hoping another moment will happen this year in San Francisco. It would be perfect with it being the 50th anniversary since the team arrived on the west coast.


No comments: