Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Interlude #3: Why I am the way I am--reasons #43 & #44

It's 4:42 am. I still can't sleep.

I'm laying in bed annoyed that the softball season is over. I miss the team already. What am I supposed to do on Tuesday nights? Thank goodness for House.

I'm laying in bed still and a memory flickers about something my mom said while i was in the philippines. She tells me the reason I might be so morbid (she tells me this quite a lot) might be her fault... She proceeds to recall watching The Exorcist when it first came out in theaters... a few weeks later i was born... 20 days after my original due date... i guess i was too scared to come out... and to this day i rarely watch horror films...

My mother also said she knew I'd be a teacher, because I was a priest in one of my past lives and thought I was going to be one in my present life. According to her, I'm not too far off the original vision she had of me. But she refuses to yield on her premonition that I will have 12 children. I mean, seriously, I don't even have one yet.... and I am supposed to recreate Cheaper By The Dozen... if you've ever talked to my mom or siblings, you'll know this is a recurring joke in the family, especially since so much of the talk by my aunts and uncles after the funeral centered on asking me when I will make my father a grandfather (though he's the eldest son, two of his younger brothers are already grandfathers). I just respond with "As soon as I find a woman who will say yes to me." And they just say it's a good thing that men can have children even when they are really old. My guess... Lance or Sheena will make my father happy before I do. Dwight already introduces himself as Lance's brother-in-law, though he only does that when he's drunk and not around Sheena. But hey, Dwight is hanging out with Lance... getting in good with the family while his honey was in the Philippines... taking my ticket for the last Giants Friday night home game... but i'm not bitter... i'm really not... it was definitely a much better thing that I was on the other side of the globe.

OK, time for me to try and sleep again... I have just enough time to get 2 hours of sleep.

No comments: