Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Interlude #2: Guilty and Not-so guilty Pleasures


Ok, I'm telling you that on this Wednesday... you will not get the Philippines, Part 3

My constant obsession with death continues with my newest Guilty Pleasure, and hopefully, the only new TV show of the season that interests me--Pushing Daisies. I think I relate to having the one you love just out of touch.

Oh yeah, I hope to actually get a large chunk of grading done. But having a lot to grade does provide the right inspiration to write blogs in my effort to perfert procrastination.

Speaking of being lazy, and due to the fanatic reaction of the previous picture with my dad, here's the solo shot--it's kinda funny if you can make out what the magazine cover says.

Also, many of you have spoken to me about the video of the band and my aunt shirley in the throes of musical ecstasy... and yes, the juxtaposition of a mini-rock concert in my parents' yard next to my grandmother's coffin is quite peculiar and probably belongs on a TV show like Boston Legal... because there's a lawsuit waiting in there if this were happening in the United States... oddly... last night's episode caught my attention as I was flipping channels avoiding pain, since the case being tried involved the magnificence and nobility vs. the cruelty of cockfighting. Although, I must admit... when I attended my first one, I found it to lack the majesty portrayed in John Laroquette's closing arguments.


Again, due to popular demand, now thanks to her solo dance exhibition, in addition to her one night stint at Lance's wedding reception, here's a picture of my auntie Shirley and Sheena. I just love how she left me comments on the Philippine blogs as anonymous and still declares her identity... if you've heard her speak, you can recognize her words no matter from whence they come...

Damn! This is the worst jet lag I've ever experienced. Why can't I just fall asleep? Nyquil is doing nothing for me. It might be time for the sleeping pills... How the heck am I supposed to operate normally when Homecoming begins next Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you look way too comfortable at the salon. What's up with all the foam? :-P

BloominShirl said...

Okay, I won't deny that's me on your video, but are you sure that's me in the "throes of musical ecstasy." Well, since I'm afraid to replay - and relive - it, you win.

At your grandfather's funeral, I felt no such urge; instead, I chose to express myself and shock everyone else with a barrage of four letter words. And that felt effing good.