Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Flash Snow Storm

Wednesday, March 5th, my co-worker DV and I drove up to Reno for a CADA conference. However, our journey would be delayed as the biggest snow storm I have been in that I can remember blocked our path. The journey took from 8am to 5:30pm. 3-4 hours of that was spent never moving. We were stuck somewhere after Gold Run. Before we actually were stuck, the snow came slamming into the windscreen and visibility was quickly dropping to 200ft. to 8ft. I probably cursed us when at breakfast I made a comment that being a teacher is what taught me to finally have patience in my life.

Oddly enough, upon my return from my conference, I saw my father and he told me there was an article in the Chronicle about the snow, so here are some pics of where I was.













Above left: This is the beginning of the line of traffic. DV and I were stuck about 400ft. behind that red truck. I remember starting at that damn thing for hours just hoping it would move.

Above right: This is basically a picture of me, except we didn't have chains on our vehicle and, for once, I wasn't wearing shorts, but I was standing out there a long while hoping blood would flow in my varicose veins again.


Below: Well, if you looked away from the highway, the scene was rather tranquil.

No comments: