Saturday, March 13, 2010

Catching up on my quick jaunt to Hawaii






At the end of January, I was feeling overwhelmed by pain, work, stress, and other mental musings that have been congealing into the mucus that causes postnasal drip and leads to endless fits of coughing.

What better way to fix this problem than by making a quick trip to Hawaii... that's right... on the weekend that LOST was about to make its season 6 premiere at sunset on the beach, destiny called me to Oahu. The Wednesday before the premiere after wallowing in paperwork and listening to my heart and the randos, I looked up the airfares to Hawaii. Surprisingly, semi-affordable. Now, my brain said, "Don't do it! You'll be maxing out the credit card!" My heart thought about Waikiki beach, LOST, and maybe a chance to meet the cast of the show or even Jay and Jack. My BFF May found a cheaper flight, I booked it, and less than 48 hours later I was in Hawaii.

I enjoyed some wonderful time hanging out with May and her family. Her son is growing up so much. Aside from the premiere, the weekend was great. I got to eat at my favorite places, especially Bubbies and the Old-fashioned Pancake House.

So if you'd like to hear the rest of the story, you can... go to iTunes and listen to the Randy Rando Randonopolis Podcast or click here... you can actually hear my voice on one of the first segments of the show. Then, stop and listen to the rest of their podcasts and subscribe to their show. Leave comments on iTunes about what a great guest I am, so they can bring back the D-Rock P. Zilla to make another cameo...

one of the best parts of the entire trip... no one sat next to me on both flights to and fro... YES!



May got to get a pic with Richard Alpert (Nestor Carbonel)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just listened to your podcast segment. Thanks for turning me hetero-G