Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Miss Teaching Creative Writing



It's been good news from the Youth Speaks Poetry Slam preliminaries. While I was wasting away in flu virus, 4 of my former student competed for a spot in the semi-finals and they made it. For three of them, it was their first time competing in this competition. First, congrats to Mic. Turner who was in my Eng 3H class last year, for he will be making his second trip to the semi-finals. I'm glad the other first 3 slam artists finally felt composed enough to speak their truths. Congrats to Melissa, Charles, and Rickah.

Here's a pic of last year's creative writing class!




If you want to watch them, please join me this Friday night, March 27, at 7 pm at MOMA SF

SEMI-FINALS: 7PM : $6 Youth (24 & under) & $10 General :
March 27 & 28: San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA)-
151 Third St. San Francisco, Ca
Advance tickets at www.brownpapertickets.com

Learn more about the slam at www.youthspeaks.org

No comments: