Friday, August 14, 2009

Wake Up the Sleeping Giant

Summer is at an end. The hibernation is over and there is much to recount and redress.

Quick highlights that I may or may not get to...

I had varicose vein closure surgery on May 22 and I'm healing for the most part. However, the tendinitis is worsening, so I need to consider replacement surgery next summer.

I finally saw a no-hitter in person thanks to Jonathan Sanchez.

I spent time in Vegas and didn't even gamble.

My brother announced that he will be a daddy early next year.

I finally played an entire softball game (& only my 2nd game) in almost two years.

Summer is over and the finality hit hard with today's 9th grad orientation and seeing signs welcoming the class of 2013 everywhere.

Maybe some more interesting things will happen this year and I'll have something to type about soon. I admit that I worry about writing entries due to the public nature of my job and putting myself accidentally in a precarious position, but when I truly think about it, when do I ever really do anything to worry about... oh well... paranoia... and the power of misperception...

Oh yes, Hi Gina and Gregg...

See y'all soon...

No comments: