Monday, February 04, 2008

Mii

On Lance's birthday, I played the Wii for the first time and tried a couple of games. However, this past weekend I hung out at my bro's and made my Mii character and discovered that I really suck at Guitar Hero, my backhand sucks in tennis and that everyone needs to stay clear of me when I play.

Even better, I finally saw Juno. I was shocked to see the theater packed and that I had to wait in line just to get in. Seriously! This movie came out a long time ago. And I loved the dialogue. All the reviews that pumped it up did not do it justice. I love humor that doesn't try to hard to gross someone out. The film just felt authentic. Now I understand why Ellen Page is getting all this publicity, and it is well-deserved. Nice cast as well. Juno's parents have great lines. It seemed a little odd that both Bateman and Cera were in it and they didn't ever share the screen; I suppose I just miss Arrested Development.

I also watched Rambo and it was just what you'd expect from a Rambo film--except now there's more CGI blood than the earlier renditions. Every now and then you need a violent film to get you ready for a Super Bowl.

My favorite commercial... the Budweiser commercial with the Dalmatian that trains the Clydesdale to the Rocky "Training Montage." That humored me. Cartoon pandas... offensive.

Another sign that spring is coming other than football ending...
I began coaching today. Another season as throwers coach.
See y'all again soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i liked the snl rip for pepsi max...especially when chris katan showed up at the end.

hope you're doing better.

cahibabee

Anonymous said...

I should take a photo of derek's mii so he can post it on his blog