Thursday, June 19, 2008

Starting to feel like summer

Although the Giants lost 5 of 6 games on this homestand, I was there for all of those losses. I basically have moved into my summer home and you can always find me in 138 from now until school starts August 18th (boo! boo!)

Unique happenings occurred at every game naturally and I'll highlight those fit for public consumption.

Friday night vs. the A's
I finally got to bring my CADA buddy, David, to his first game at AT&T Park. Along with us came Faye who continues to think that David is Ryan Stiles. Good times!

Saturday night vs. the A's
I spent the afternoon at Lauren's graduation picnic and I was able to spend some time with family, whom I did not see enough. In particular, my ninong's kids, Jing and Virgie, who ended up having tickets to the game (I sold mine on stubhub) and I had the opportunity to show them my summer home. Sadly, Jing lost her wallet and all seemed at a lost. We went to the executives suite but they had no luck finding it. Seriously, what are the odds someone would turn the wallet in. But I had an inkling, and just before the Giants staff who worked the Marina Gate left, we caught up with them and Bob radioed up to the lost and found. And what do you know? My cousin's wallet was there fully intact. Thanks to Charlie, who patrols 138 for finding it and allowing my cousin peace of mind.

Sunday vs. the A's (father's day)
Again, I sold my tickets because I was going to the game with All-star teacher of the year nominee, Alicia Vosberg. Some of you saw her interview on the pre-game show and a lucky few of you saw both of us along with Alicia's daughter and our co-worker, Nikki, between the 3rd and 4th innings. I loved being able to hangout on the field, especially in the dugout. Take a look and enjoy...

But don't forget to vote for my co-worker... and tell all your friends...

Monday vs. the Tigers
I recovered and didn't go to the game. Of course the Giants won, but not because I wasn't there but because Tim Lincecum pitched. He better be in the all-star game.

Tuesday night vs. the Tigers
I brought two scorned women to the game with me. They kept me entertained as I heard all about the failings of men. It's a good thing I'm usually the designated driver.

Wednesday vs. the Tigers
My sister and co-workers showed up to the game with me and they got a full dose of what it means to be in 138. A few of us were there and my co-workers realized why my section is so cool. Game ended at 4; we hung out until 11pm.

That summer feeling took a backseat today as I went into work from 3pm to 9pm in order to set up some things for next school year. Here's to sleeping in though....

No comments: