Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Section 138 in the news again!

Section 138 makes the news

So, no one wanted to buy my Giants tickets... or flaked on buying the tickets...
but what happens... I miss one of the most memorable Friday night games ever... just look at my previous entry... I almost never miss these games...

albeit, i missed the game for an important reason... everyone... give their shout outs to the birthday girl Mary Anne, my bro's fiancee... also, the other half of the quarter ton battery combo of which I am one half as the pitcher... my partner/cousin, Macho Marlon is the catcher and it was his birthday also and he was at the game...

if you didn't see the news... my home in the bleachers went bezerk when Bonds was ejected on a horrible call strike by the umpire...

and my second home family members felt justified in demonstrating their displeasure by filling the outfield with litter from the bleachers... now, i don't advocate tossing things that can injure people, but if i were there, I wouldn't have stopped anyone from doing it because I would be just as pissed...

there was an 11 minute delay,,, the Rockies were called off the field for their safety...

now, I didn't know any of this was going on because i was in the East Bay and all I really heard was the radio host say that if you were at the game... you would never forget tonight, for it was one of the most memorable moments at AT&T Park...

it felt like that scene from Fever Pitch when Jimmy Fallon gets the call from his friend that he missed the greatest Red Sox comeback in recent memory...

I seem to always miss some of the best 138 moments...
the infamous moment when my brother carried away by paramedics.... (because I was chaperoning the farewell dance)

Moises Alou's 300th career homerun that landed in the seat in front of me... (but I was interviewing students to be in leadership during spring break this year...)

and this....
fortunately, I made the more significant moments like the Bonds homers, and world series, and the other more personal moments of 138 amongst the family...


here's a recent article in the Chronicle... that discusses the attitude that apparently until now was unbeknownst to its writer Ray Ratto, but that I breathe everyday i'm out there in the bleachers...

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/08/06/SPGUIKC3U31.DTL&hw=ratto&sn=001&sc=1000


seriously, why aren't more of you joining me out there for one of the best interactive moments in san francisco... if you're visiting our city... your visit is incomplete without paying a visit to the bleachers where you can recapture that candlestick spirit...


No comments: